Tuesday 25 June 2013

Digi-Pack Danny


This is David Bowie's, Aladdin Sane album cover, i chose this cover in particular to re-create as i found i could demonstrate my abilities on Photoshop. This cover is especially good as it is colour graded with a red tint, and although the original David has had the lightening strike painted on his face i attempted to re create it using photoshop.
This is my version of the album cover, i took a photo of myself in Photo Booth on the Mac, then inserted the photo into Photoshop and cut myself out the background and then using the tools attempted rather successfully to create the Aladdin Sane album cover.
This photo shows the transition of Bowie to myself.

This is the back of the Aladdin Sane Album.

I attempted to position myself in the way David Bowie did on the back cover in order to recreate it.
Using a variety of effects and tools on Photoshop i was able to attempt to look like the original back cover.

Once i created both front and back cover i had to look at the dimensions of a CD case in order to create a spine.

This is a screen shot of proof of work, the screen shot is me using photoshop to create the spine.

This screen shot shows me testing out different filters to make sure i got the best one.



No comments:

Post a Comment