Tuesday 25 June 2013

Digipak Task - Creating my own version

This is an album cover that Alexandra Burke has or one of her albums, this is a interesting, unusual cover and i thought i would try and copy this. I personally like album covers that are a little more unusual and eye-catching which is why i thought i would do a re-make for this particular cover. Firstly i got a friend to take a picture of me in the same pose and then i imported it into Photoshop, as this software has the tools i need in order to create the effect on it. Using Photoshop i gave it my best shot and this what happened;






 To start with i downloaded brush stokes into Photoshop, this would allow me to vet the affect of the paint splatter and the cloud like effect behind her. once i had all the brushes i needed i could begin re-creating the cover.








I started off by creating the cloud effects, that are the main background of the cover, when doing this i found that i looked different as the clouds were too much on me, the artist. I decided to take a different approach and see how it worked.

 i decided to use the select all tool and then create a main background layer from this, this meant i could then work on top of it without ruin the main image of myself. 

After i had finished adding all of the cloud and paint splatter effects, i added the text, matched it up to the colour of the original album and then, i altered the image adjustments. I increased the contrast of the photo and i also very slightly decreased the brightness. This is my final re-make of the album cover.



This is the back cover to one of Alexander Burke's albums, no matter how hard i tried i could not find the matching cover for the 'Turn Me On' album. So i decided to re-create this one.

To start with i cut out myself from the original photo i took, with this i then added it to a new blank canvas and added all of the text that needed to be added. i did this by creating different layers.


Once i had added the text, i was finished the album cover for this particular CD was plain and simple.




In order to make it more interesting i decided to create my own version to go with the front cover, in order to do this i created a background on Photoshop, to do this i used brush strokes, to make it more creative i used clouds and plaint splatters that i downloaded form the internet. I then dragged across all of the aspects that needed to go on it such as the image and text. 


This was the final outcome; 



These are the two possible album covers that i could have;






No comments:

Post a Comment